[Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems

From: Gopal V
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems
Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 00:53:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

--- Jonas Printzen <address@hidden> wrote:
> CSUnit skeleton with a test hitting Dmitriy's
> problem is now inserted
> in test-suit, is compilable and generate identical
> stack-trace.

Ok, cool... I was discussing with Rhys about inserting
IL code directly into an ILMethod* object (which is
what we need right now)

<t3rmin4t0r>    rhysw: how hard will it be to get data
written to an ILMethodCode ?
<t3rmin4t0r>    and append it to a method ?
<rhysw> you wouldn't append it - you'd construct the
entire method in Reflection.Emit, and then add it as
one buffer-full once it is laid out correctly
<t3rmin4t0r>    yes ...
<t3rmin4t0r>    can we push stuff into ILMethod
dynamically ?
<rhysw> right now, it finds the ILMethodCode by
resolving an RVA - you'd need to alter that to be a
pointer instead, I suppose  (some flag bit in the
ILMethod attributes?)

Does that help ? (see pnet/image/method.c)

That's where that bug starts from :)...

Btw, my first mail to developers list had something
to do with creating an ILMethodCode to an ILMethod..
it's been almost 3 years and it's still pending ;-)

> BTW, CVS appears to be down, or is it just me?

CVS is up right now ..don't know if it went down
in between..

Gopal