[Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems

From: Jonas Printzen
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Re: back to Emit problems
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 15:52:30 +0200

Hi Gopal!

My progress is a bit slow. Mainly because I have failed
to free more than an hour now and then for this.
This will improve...

Found the part in the code that trows the exception
when invoking a dynamically generated entry.

Looking for traces of debugging support in the code.

Trying to get a grip of execution from two perspectives,
runtime loaded assembly and generated. There are obviously
some difference that need to be removed.

I assumed I would find a common base for generating
IL between compiler and Emit. Not so I think. Design issue?

I had the same thought, unit-tests are a good start. Begun to
look around for what exists and what shape last night but
was interrupted. This is my next step.
(I never change code without some kind of regression protrection)

Was laso looking for a way to extend the exceptions
thrown from engine/convert.c with a string or so.
Just to get more info on why something failed.
There are 4 paths in the code thet generates the
EntryPointNotFoundException. Need to pin it down
to not waste time on wrong path. And expect the same
furter down the line..

What is your typical approch? gdb, traces
code-reading and neural execution? :o)

/Jonas