Re: [DotGNU]Plan for 0.6.8 release

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Plan for 0.6.8 release
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:39:45 +1000

On Saturday 17 July 2004 08:32 pm, Gopal V wrote:

> What are the plans for 0.6.8 release ?. I suppose
> according to schedule that's next weekend ?. If there
> are no *big* issues that is. (rhys ?)

It's not really up to me, as the major work is being done by others (e.g.
Rich333, Klaus) and I'm not certain where they are at.  The stuff I'm doing
(e.g. Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll) is self-contained and I can draw a line
under it at any moment.

> I suppose libjit integration should take a while longer.

Yes.  Operations that involve struct's as values are a little flaky right now,
and it will take a while to nail them down.

> I'll be hacking on pnet next week ... it feels good
> to be back ! . Any requests ?.

C# attributes, particularly those that involve array arguments: ml-pnet has
some examples that break the build right now.  I was going to have a look,
but if you beat me to it, then all well and good. :-)

I have also seen some hangs and breakages when running "make check" on
pnetlib. Our old friend threading, I suspect.  Tum?