Re: [DotGNU]Plan for 0.6.8 release

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Plan for 0.6.8 release
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 09:29:57 +1000

On Saturday 17 July 2004 08:47 pm, Maciek Plewa wrote:
> I'm going to bundle the Themes.XP library with the Windows package, it'll
> be enabled on default.

It should be checked into CVS (I suggest the directory "Themes/WinXP") and
made part of the standard pnetlib build (similarly with the Qt engine).  That
way, the source code will be more easily accessible to all those who are
interested in using it and working on it.  Even on non-Windows platforms,
where people might want to experiment with using it with Wine.

I cannot stress this enough: C# code that is in pnetlib's CVS is more likely
to be maintained than code that is elsewhere.  Because if anything breaks
(especially build breaks), more people are likely to see it and deal with it
immediately.  Then we won't have a mad scramble every release cycle when we
discover that some third-party add-on broke because no one was building it
regularly.