Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 17:06:48 +1000

On Friday 28 February 2003 05:24 am, Fergus Henderson wrote:

> When an IL file is assembled with /debug, Microsoft's ilasm.exe adds
> some attributes to it to indicate this, e.g.
>
>       .custom
> (['mscorlib']'System.Runtime.CompilerServices'.'AssemblyAttributes
> GoHere') instance void
> ['mscorlib']'System.Diagnostics'.'DebuggableAttribute'::.ctor(bool, bool) =
> ( 01 00 01 01 00 00 )
>
> You can probably just define AssemblyAttributes as an empty class
> and DebuggableAttribute as an empty class (or maybe a 6-byte struct)
> with the specified "void (bool, bool)" constructor.

We already have "DebuggableAttribute".  What's weird about the
"AssemblyAttributesGoHere*" classes is that they are declared "internal" in
MS'es library (version 1:0:3300:0).  i.e. they aren't supposed to be
accessible outside the "mscorlib" assembly.

This actually works with MS'es latest runtime engine?

Anyway, we can add these attributes (as "public") pretty easily, as they won't
harm anybody.  But I'd like to know what the deal with them is.  Seems weird.