Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Mercury on Portable.NET (not successful)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 06:24:03 +1100

On 28-Feb-2003, Gopal V <address@hidden> wrote:
> If memory serves me right, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> > >   .file exception__cpp_code.dll
> >
> > Yes.
>
> unresolved type:
> [mscorlib]System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AssemblyAttributesGoHereSM
> unresolved type:
> [mscorlib]System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AssemblyAttributesGoHere
> exception__cpp_code.dll: unresolved external references
>
> Would this be some other problem or the cause ?

That's a different one.

When an IL file is assembled with /debug, Microsoft's ilasm.exe adds
some attributes to it to indicate this, e.g.

        .custom
(['mscorlib']'System.Runtime.CompilerServices'.'AssemblyAttributes GoHere')
instance void
['mscorlib']'System.Diagnostics'.'DebuggableAttribute'::.ctor(bool, bool) = (
01 00 01 01 00 00 )

You can probably just define AssemblyAttributes as an empty class
and DebuggableAttribute as an empty class (or maybe a 6-byte struct)
with the specified "void (bool, bool)" constructor.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit