[DotGNU]cscc symbol table and random question

From: CH Gowri Kumar
Subject: [DotGNU]cscc symbol table and random question
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 22:55:25 +0530 (India Standard Time)

Hi all,
I wanted to use the symbol table and corresponding interface functions of
the symbol table but could n't figure out where they are available.

Can anyone point me the exact source?
(In csgrammar.y for the declarations it uses the function IL...Create()
 But couldn't go beyond that)

Also, I have one more doubt haunting me since along time:
Why use C instead of C++?
(The only reason I could think of is code generated for C runs faster than
C++. How fast is faster?)

At many a places i find that C++ features are being simulated using C.
Why not  use C++ so that we can get benefits of OOAD.
Better design might overcome the running time....

Regards,
Gowri Kumar