Re: [DotGNU]introduction

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]introduction
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:10:08 +0530

If memory serves me right, Ganesh Ram Janakiraman wrote:
> I work only on Windows.

I hope you can use cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com) which is used
for using Portable.net on Windows. I think there are people on this
list who are using it for developing Pnet.

> Will this be any problem?

Cygwin is effectively a port of GNU tools to be used under Windows.

> And is there a format inwhich the testcases are to be submitted?

We have our own Unit test framework (pnetlib/csunit) and the test
cases are located in (pnetlib/tests) according to the assembly names.

I think pnetlib/doc/csunit_howto.html might provide a starting point
for this.

> I could not find an area for testcases in savannah.

Write out your test case , run the ./make_patch.sh , that should connect
to the main CVS server and generate a current patch. This patch is then
submitted to the patches section in Savannah.

Gopal