Re: [DotGNU]csdoc2stub output

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]csdoc2stub output
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:54:40 +0530

If memory serves me right, minddog wrote:
> Pull docs from rotor with csdoc
> Then stub with csdoc2stub.

Not very elegant as csdoc2stub is a half-done , crude and horribly buggy
implementation .... (I know, it's my code...) ... I did it just to learn
csdoc stuff and then went on to write csdoc2test as well ...

Pulling docs out of Rotor is not good as that would be a fine line between
public API and copyrighted code ...

Also csdoc2stub is not so good at keeping things working ... It still does
not generate interfaces or delegates very well and events,fields and enums
are not generated correctly.

> public void DoSomething(XmlTextReader reader)
> in turn looks like:
> public void DoSomething(int reader)

csdoc is actually more of a codegen for the compiler. It uses the compiler
AST to generate documentation, so missing classes appear as "Int" variables,
members etc .. You're actually getting a number of errors in this case
which you might notice if you did a > /dev/null of the output (and read only
the stderr)...

csdoc can only generate docs for things cscc can compile.

Let me see what I can do about stubbing out .... (I've got a million monkeys
here, but only one keyboard ... :)

Gopal