[DotGNU](no subject)

From: Patrick Pletscher
Subject: [DotGNU](no subject)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 14:57:18 +0100

Hello DotGNU-List,

I'm a student at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology
(http://www.ethz.ch) and there they have their own
programming language, called oberon. Currently they also develop an Oberon
.NET compiler (http://www.bluebottle.ethz.ch/oberon.net/), which runs really
good under Windows, but under Linux I've got
some problems.

- The compiler itself is also written in Oberon.NET, and it only runs with
mono, but I think that is because it
uses System.Diagnostics.Process, which isn't implemented in DotGNU, but I
think thats no problem, because the
developer will might change a little bit his code and so it should work with
both, mono and DotGNU Portable
.NET.

- When I run the Ilasm with the IL-code which the Oberon .NET compiler
generated, no error appears, and if the
application is really easy, for example:

MODULE test;

VAR
 i:INTEGER;

BEGIN
 FOR i:=0 TO 10 DO
  WRITELN("Hello world");
 END;
END test.

I can also execute the binary which Ilasm generated, but I can not run an
Binary, which uses for example:

VAR
 a: ARRAY 50 OF CHAR;

When I execute such an binary the following error appears:

metadata error in token 0x0A000005: member 'System.String..ctor' not found
./test.exe: invalid metadata in image

Can you help me? I'd really like to run my Oberon-programs also under
Linux...

greets Patrick