Re: [DotGNU]System.Xml.XmlDocument

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.Xml.XmlDocument
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 18:27:16 +1000

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 06:14 pm, minddog wrote:
> Hey i'm working on this one method, but I realize rhysw is working on a big
> System.Xml makeover.  I want to know if I'm on the right track at all too,
> having a difficulty figuring out a way to convert an element found in
> XmlNodeReader to and XmlElement format. heres the snippet:

I don't think you can, not with XmlNodeReader.  In any case, you
shouldn't be using XmlNodeReader for this.  The FirstChild,
NextSibling, etc properties on nodes can be used to walk the
document tree to find the element that you want.  Have a look
at "ElementList" for some pointers.  Using XmlNodeReader just
adds extra layers of conversion that will slow everything down.