Re: [DotGNU]win32 cscc and mscorlib.dll

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]win32 cscc and mscorlib.dll
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:33:00 +1000

> minddog wrote:
>
> has there been a solution to not put the mscorlib.dll in every folder where
> there is going to be compilation and w/o putting in the -L flag to give a
> locaation of it?

Should be fixed in CVS now.  Works on my Win32 system from a
DOS prompt with the PATH set appropriately.  Here is what I
did from within Cygwin to build the mingw32 version:

    cd pnet
    ./configure --disable-cygwin --prefix=/usr/local/pnet
    make
    make install
    cd ../pnetlib
    ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pnet
    make
    make install

Then, from the DOS prompt, I prepended "C:\cygwin\usr\local\pnet\bin"
to the PATH.  The following works from a DOS prompt:

    cscc -o hello.exe hello.cs
    ilrun hello

[I also modified "ilrun" so that the ".exe" can be omitted.]

The contents of "C:\cygwin\usr\local\pnet" are basically what needs
to be packed up by an installer, perhaps with README/COPYING files
added to explain what the system does, pointers back to Web sites, etc.

I'm now working on getting pnetmark and pnetC to build with the
mingw32-compiled cscc.

The system is basically usable now under raw Windows.  Please report
any bugs that you find.