Re: [DotGNU]win32 cscc and mscorlib.dll

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]win32 cscc and mscorlib.dll
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 08:18:00 +1000

> has there been a solution to not put the mscorlib.dll in every folder where
> there is going to be compilation and w/o putting in the -L flag to give a
> locaation of it?

I'll be working on that one today.  I managed to overhaul
most, but not all, of the assembly lookup code, yesterday.
It should be fixed in a few hours from this message.

The new code works by relative pathing.  If "ilrun" is installed
in "c:\foo\bar\bin", then it will look for "mscorlib.dll" in
"c:\foo\bar\lib\cscc\lib".  i.e. it strips off the "bin" to
get the Win32 equivalent of "${prefix}".

The code for this is in "pnet/support/stdpath.c".  I just now
have to track down everywhere in the code where I used a
hard-wired "${prefix}/something" path and redirect it to the
"stdpath.c" code.

> i know rhysw was able to compile pnetlib, but did he do it without editing
> the Makefiles?

The "pnetlib" build specifies the "cscc-cs" location manually
the way that I build it (./configure --with-pnet=../pnet),
so the path thing wasn't an issue for that.

I had to make some changes to remove the "csccwrap" shell script
from "pnetlib" because Win32's spawnvp doesn't handle Bourne shell
scripts.  But I made these changes globally across all platforms.
It's all in CVS.