Re: [DotGNU]win32 cscc and mscorlib.dll

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]win32 cscc and mscorlib.dll
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:53:26 +0530

If memory serves me right, minddog wrote:
> has there been a solution to not put the mscorlib.dll in every folder
> where there is going to be compilation and w/o putting in the -L flag
> to give a locaation of it?

Dec 15 04:16:04 <rhysw> I'm going to create a "support/stdpath.c" in the
next few days that centralizes everything, so that it is real easy to change
the install base.
Dec 15 04:16:40 <rhysw> my plan is to do something like this: (a) look for
an environment variable for the base, (b) look in the Win32 registry, (c)
use the argv[0] value on the program to guess the most logical location.

So I think if the cscc is in

c:\programs\portable.net\cscc\

then the libs (or mscorlib.dll) will be in

c:\programs\portable.net\cscc\lib

and the plugins in

c:\programs\portable.net\cscc\plugins

Just like the ${lib_dir}/cscc/lib and plugins ... (from argv[0] of
cscc invocation).

Would that make more sense ?.

Gopal