Re: [DotGNU]I got it all compiled but can't run hello.exe

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]I got it all compiled but can't run hello.exe
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 08:28:44 +1000

"Francisco Jr." wrote:

> I can see when running `make` that it invokes cscc to
> compile existing .cs files and put in the mscorlib.dll
>
> But I can't find mscorlib.dll anywhere.

That's because it isn't being fully built.  The compiler
is a syntax checker right now, not a full compiler.
So it cannot actually build the final mscorlib.dll.
If you have Microsoft's Beta 2 .NET framework,
then you can build mscorlib.dll using that.  See the
README for details.

> What do you mean by IL_LIBRARY_PATH? Is this a
> environment variable I must set? In the makefile it
> set lib path to usr/local/lib but nothing is put
> there.

Yes, it is an environment variable.  Similar syntax to
PATH.

I apologise that things appear to be more complete than
they actually are.  The big drawback of "release early,
release often" is that the early releases don't work.
We are still in the early release phase.

I'm hoping to have the compiler working by the end of
September, with the runtime engine to follow soon
after.  So, hang in there.