Building From Source On Linux

From: Hamza Mohammed
Subject: Building From Source On Linux
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2024 22:52:08 +0200

I am trying to build gnu radio from source on linux from the linux install. I already have gnuradio running because I installed it using my package manager. I want to make changes to the source code so I cloned the repository and tried to build it somewhere else in the system by using the -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=XXX flag during cmake. Everything works fine, even after running make test, all 32 tests are passed however when I go to the XXX/bin directory there is only one file "gnuradio-config-info" and when i run it the output is:
"./gnuradio-config-info: error while loading shared libraries: libgnuradio-runtime.so.3.11.0git: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
I don't know where did I go wrong, but it seems to not detect the shared libraries.  Dependencies are 100% installed because I am using the release gnu radio software. Any ideas what could be the problem?