Re: Prospective GSoC contributor introduction

From: Andrej Rode
Subject: Re: Prospective GSoC contributor introduction
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:48:47 +0100

Hi Kayla,

welcome to the discuss-gnuradio mailinglist. Nice that you found your way here.
Before you start drafting on your proposal I recommend you get a little bit
familiar with GNU Radio.
You can do that by looking at our tutorials, which you can find in the wiki and
through tutorials.gnuradio.org <http://tutorials.gnuradio.org/>

Within GNU Radio you will already find some blocks implementing channel
codes/error correcting codes. But also a lot of modern codes
and from recent research are missing/not implemented. Other libraries like
https://aff3ct.github.io/ have verified and fast implementations.
Maybe you find other open source libraries which we can pull in, too!

If you have questions or problems you are welcome to ask here on the
mailinglist or in our chatroom. We use matrix, if you already have
an account you can join the general chat room through #gnuradio:gnuradio.org
otherwise you can find some more information here
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php?title=Chat

Cheers,
Andrej