Prospective GSoC contributor introduction

From: Kayla Comer
Subject: Prospective GSoC contributor introduction
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2024 20:04:03 -0500

Hello,

My name is Kayla, and I am interested in contributing to GNU Radio through GSoC this summer. I finished my BS in EE in December, and I plan to start a PhD program in the communications/networks field in the fall. I learned about GNU Radio through a lab at school, and I think GSoC would be a great opportunity for me to become more comfortable using and modifying the tool. I am drawn to the forward error correction project, as it would allow me to contribute usefully while exploring ideas I will delve into more deeply in grad school. I am currently becoming familiar with the repository, and then I will draft a proposal and ask for feedback. Thank you!

Best,
Kayla