Re: Conda installation on Windows broken, both minconda & radioconda ins

From: Ryan Volz
Subject: Re: Conda installation on Windows broken, both minconda & radioconda installer (Was: Please help out a new guy)
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 2024 12:06:04 -0500

Hi Dave,

I see you've found the relevant GitHub issue for this:
https://github.com/ryanvolz/radioconda/issues/78

It's still unclear to me exactly what is going wrong here, but it is certainly some form of having multiple versions of a library on your system (probably Qt, probably installed with other software) and those conflicting with each other. Conda environments try to isolate these things, but clearly it doesn't always work. Windows, in particular, is harder with how it handles DLLs.

The best advice I can give is to try uninstalling other software that might make use of Qt.

I won't have a lot of time over the next month to look into this further, so sorry ahead of time. It's a high priority issue though that I plan on tackling further at some point. Maybe someone else who can reproduce can step in and help out until then.

Cheers,
Ryan