Re: Python Block : no access to code

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Python Block : no access to code
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 17:17:35 +0100

I see where confusion arises!

The code for the embedded python block is, as the name suggests, embedded in the GRC flow graph file.

Only for the task of editing it gets this internal representation copied to a separate file, and after the editor editing that file finishes, gets the (modified) version copied from the file back into the flow graph. The temporary file should get removed afterwards. In the case of your operating system, the path where that temporary "work copy" of the block code is put is /tmp. I've not yet witnessed a Linux system where a normal user has no access to the /tmp directory, and it's also not what the error implies!

This error, to me, looks like that instead of a text editor opening, somehow you're trying to execute the file; and since it's not marked executable, that's a permission error. Would that be possible?

Best regards,
Marcus M