Re: Python Block : no access to code

From: tom sutherland
Subject: Re: Python Block : no access to code
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2024 14:37:34 +0000 (UTC)

Excuse my ignorance of Linux/Gnuradio  but copying the EPY block to an other directory doesn't make sense because I can't change where this file is being place and/or looked for. I tried moving it to a directory where the grc and py files are located but I get the error "no such file or directory" and then it seems to generate another named EPY.py block that I don't have permission to access.
1) How do I move/copy it correctly ? and/or how do I tell gnuradio-companion where to lookf ro the file?
2) I don't see where I can change the "Block ID Field".

I also tried the "Creating Python OOT with gr-modtool - GNU Radio " Creating Python OOT with gr-modtool - GNU Radio
but when I follow all the steps and open gnuradio-companion there isn't a "customModule" dropdown selection in the block library.
Thanks...Tom