Getting undefined symbol

From: Dave Helm
Subject: Getting undefined symbol
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2023 15:31:51 -0500

Hello,

I am attempting to create an OOT module called telemetry that receives messages and does printf() when the message is received.  For now.

I am modeling it after your message_debug block found in gnuradio/blocks

It was working fine till I actually created the message functions.

It compiles and installs fine.  When I run gnuradio_companion no errors.

But when I execute my blocks I get this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dhelm/gr-sidekiq/examples/telemetry.py", line 34, in <module>
    from gnuradio import sidekiq
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/gnuradio/sidekiq/__init__.py", line 18, in <module>
    from .sidekiq_python import *
ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libgnuradio-sidekiq.so.1.0.0: undefined symbol: _ZTVN2gr7sidekiq14telemetry_implE

I understand that there is some undefined symbol called, but I can't tell what it is from the name.  Is there a way to find out?

I ran into this issue when adding my message functions:

The message_debug has functions like:
void message_debug_impl::print(const pmt::pmt_t& msg)
void message_debug_impl::store(const pmt::pmt_t& msg)

These are defined in the message_debug_impl.h file.
But not in the include/gnuradio/blocks/message_debug.h file.

When I do that with my functions I get a compile time error that the functions are not defined.  So I needed to add them to my include/gnuradio/sidekiq/telemetry.h file.
Then I did bind and cmake, make, sudo make install

I compiled and installed it.  But when I actually run the block I get the error listed above.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dave