Re: Getting undefined symbol

From: Vasil Velichkov
Subject: Re: Getting undefined symbol
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 10:22:50 +0300

Hi Dave,

On 13/09/2023 23.31, Dave Helm wrote:
>> symbol: _ZTVN2gr7sidekiq14telemetry_implE
>>
>> I understand that there is some undefined symbol called, but I can't tell
> what it is from the name.  Is there a way to find out?

You can use c++filt command to get the human version of this missing symbol.

$ c++filt  _ZTVN2gr7sidekiq14telemetry_implE
vtable for gr::sidekiq::telemetry_impl

The vtable usually indicates missing virtual destructor, try adding one similar
to message_debug_impl.h or define it as =default;

Also consider building with -Wl,--no-undefined added to LDFLAGS or
CMAKE_SHARED_LINKER_FLAGS variables. This way you would get such errors much
earlier when building your module and not after the install.

Regards,
Vasil