Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation to compute BER of a Modulator/Demodula

From: Christian BusquielSanz
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Simulation to compute BER of a Modulator/Demodulator Encoding/Decoding system
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2018 11:35:36 +1300

> It runs without error for me under version 3.7.13.4.
>
> That is, it generates 3 windows each with a single straight line of
> amplitude 0.
>
> -- Cinaed

That is not the output I expected
So I am doing something wrong, since I was using the blocks
"KISS to PDU"
"PDU to Tagged Stream"
to be able to encode the bit stream using CCSDS Reed-Solomon Encoder and Decoder
So I expected to have the same result as earlier, but just adding a
codification; to compare the BER of both systems

I do not know why I am having an error with my version

I am trying to update from version 3.7.11 to 3.7.13 from the command
line, but I am having issues
I downloaded the gnuradio-3.7.13.4.tar.gz from
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/releases/tag/v3.7.13.4
I extracted the files, and proceeded from the
~/GNURadio/gnuradio-3.7.13.4/
folder to use these commands:
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make

I had an issue and it was because I did not have enough Memory Ram in
my Virtual Machine when it was building the source code on 61%
Now, I managed to make it compile and install, but I have this error
when I try to run the new version:
"
Cannot import gnuradio.

Is the model path environment variable set correctly?
    All OS: PYTHONPATH

Is the library path environment variable set correctly?
    Linux: LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    Windows: PATH
    MacOSX: DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

(No module named _runtime_swig)
"
So, I cannot try your flowgraph until I manage to fix it and run GNU
Radio Companion again
I will keep you informed on my progress
Thank you so much for taking care about my issue

Christian SĂȘngir     Busquiel Sanz