demexp-dev

[Demexp-dev] Possible suggestions for the client

From: Thomas Petazzoni
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Possible suggestions for the client
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 21:23:31 +0200

Hi,

Here are a few suggestions concerning the graphical client:

 o The 'id' field of the tag list doesn't seem so useful to me.
Something like the number of questions that have the tag would be much
more useful, in my opinion ;

 o Maybe the 'N' and 'V' check boxes could be replaced by the number of
new questions and the number of questions for which we still have to
vote (or for which we have already vote) ;

 o It would be nice if the 'N', 'V' and 'U' fields had tooltips
(http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkTooltips.html) so that it
would be easier to know what they mean.

 o The 'id' column of the question list doesn't seem so useful to me. It
could be deleted so that it would leave more space for the question
text. The functionality of having the question ID could be replaced by
an entry in a contextual menu which could copy in the clipboard the
absolute URL of the selected question (the demexp://blabla/id URL).

 o Currently, when one wants to start using demexp, it has to run the
client three times. First to configure the root login, then to create
its own account, and finally to login with this new account. It would be
much nicer if the user could use a « Wizard », launched the first time
the client is run, to create its own account.

One detail; question 149 has tag "question 149", but I can't see this
tag in the list on the left. (There are other questions in the same
case, why ?).

Sincerly,

Thomas
--