demexp-dev

Re: [Demexp-dev] What to check in an HTTP URL?

From: François-Xavier Ponscarme
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] What to check in an HTTP URL?
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:32:20 +0200

David MENTRE a écrit :
Hello,

For the clients of demexp, I need to check that an HTTP URL given by the
user is reasonably correct: not overly long, correct set of characters,
etc.

Any idea of a regexp and/or things to check? Any pointer?

Yours,
d.

hello David,

Well it's to late to have any ideas :-) but I have some pointers :
the first one describing URLs syntax and provide some perl regexp's

 http://www.foad.org/~abigail/Perl/url2.html

the second one is about Big Brother a html link checker written in
OCaml !

 http://pauillac.inria.fr/~fpottier/bigbro/html/doc.html

I hope it will help you.

A+
FX

PS : I've forgotten to post my answer to David on the list to,
so I re-post it :-)