debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] User Permissions

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] User Permissions
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:10:05 +0200

Huantes, Daniel F. (2002-08-04 17:56:04 -0700) :

> User Permission: I was trying to import a module into the CVS
> repository created for a project I created on my instance of
> debianSF but I'm getting ye olde ""add" requires write access to the
> repository" message.  I thought that the project admin would be able
> to grant permissions to user to do this but I don't see anything in
> the Project Admin area that will allow me to do this.

You have to add the user to the group.  In the "Project admin" page
(look under the search box in the vertical menu on the left), there's
a form allowing you to add a user to a group.  When you do that (and
wait until next hour for the cron jobs to run), the user gets an
account and is allowed to use it to do CVS write operations.

> I have a feeling it's a combination of how I'm accessing the
> repository(currently using "passwd" file on the cvs server
> authentication) and granting the appropriate privileges...

  Be aware that CVS write access is only possible via SSH.  The
"pserver" method is only for anonymous, read-only access.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

...your network won't even know it's talking to a proxy, unless of
course, the proxy doesn't work.  -- in Linux 2.4 NAT HOWTO