debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] More CVS anamalies.

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] More CVS anamalies.
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 16:14:41 -0700

First of all I would like to know if the debian-sf maintainers would prefer to hear about these things on the listserve or if they would rather have me submit them as bugs.

Here is the latest problems.

Apparently something, someplace (maybe a cron job?) resets the permissions on the cvs directories. Maybe this would not be so bad but it seems to cripple CVS access for developers.

Here is the problem in a nutshell.
I created a project called rsdweb.
In the ldap the GidNumber for cn=rsdweb, ou=Group is 10007
the GidNumber for cn=rsdweb,ou=cvsGroup is also 10007

the cvsroot for this project is /cvsroot/rsdweb.

Sometimes the cvsroot and all the files in it change their ownership to somename:1007. Notice that 1007 != 10007. This prevents anybody from this group from checking the project in or out. If I do a "chown -R nobody:rsdweb /cvsroot/rsdweb" they can get back to work.

Also something is pretty wrong with the name service. /etc/init.d/bind9 stop fails. apparently namedrndc can not find a key or something. I found a post on google and fixed it like this.

There is a /etc/rndc.conf which is a symlink to /etc/bind/rndc.conf delete the symlink.
rename /etc/bind/rndc.conf to something else.
if there is no /etc/bind/rndc.key you need to create one by running rndc-confgen -a

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/