debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] New Pre-Release 2.6-0+7

From: Soon-Son Kwon
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-devel] Re: [Debian-sf-users] New Pre-Release 2.6-0+7
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:15:27 +0900

> This usually means that there is a different password beetween SF and
> slapd
> or something wrong with auth in /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
> Can you send me the corresponding /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
> and also output of /usr/lib/sourceforge/bin/install-ldap.sh list
> passwd in /etc/sourceforge/database.inc should be the same you gave to
> slapd config

(The following test was done on woody machine with the sourceforge
package 2.5-25. I did not install any sid package except the
sourceforge itself.)

Attached are slapd.conf and the output of install-ldap.sh list.

As for the passwd, I set all the passwords the same.
(Whenever I was asked for password, I input the same string.)
But in database.inc, the ldap password variable was set to "".(blank)
I think ldap password & database password should be the same
because I input the same string unless they use different encryption(?).

I wonder why the ldap password is set to blank even if I input
the same string when I was asked to input ldap password during the
sourceforge installation.

Below is the email that I was writing right now.
I think this has something to do with the password problem.

----
After several trial, I found some odd ldap operations.
I think root causing the following problems can help configuring
debian-sf properly.

I did this on my woody machine.

Where is the ldap admin password stored?

When installing slapd via apt-get, it asks me to input admin password
but if I run the following command, that password does not work.
(You know, this is part of install-ldap.sh.)

www:/home/kss/sourceforge# ldapmodify -v -c -D
"cn=admin,ou=People,dc=myhome,dc=lan" -x -W
ldap_initialize( <DEFAULT> )
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials
www:/home/kss/sourceforge#

But if I just press enter at "Enter LDAP Password:", then it does not
show such error which means I can compose ldif information via standard
input. (I am not sure I described correctly...anyway it seems that
the password that I set during the slapd installation causes error.)

Thank you very much for all of you guys in this list....
--
           (o_             **WTFM**