debian-sf-users

[Debian-sf-users] Any ldap help at all?

From: Tim Uckun
Subject: [Debian-sf-users] Any ldap help at all?
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 13:36:25 -0700

Well guys I am still looking for some help.
Here in a nutshell is my situation.

What happened.

I installed stable.
I upgraded to testing.
I did an apt-get install sourceforge.
I answered every question.

What didn't work.

libapache-mod-ssl is still broken. It did not install the makecert script. I made the certificates by hand and was able to start apache. The next minor release of apache (which got installed when I did an apt-get upgrade) broke that but fixed it again by re-doing the certs and fiddling with the init script.

LDAP is simply broken. It failed to create a slapd.conf anywhere and failed to create and seed the ldap database.

What I did to try and fix it.

dpkg-reconfigure slapd (asks questions but does not create database or conf file) dpkg-reconfigure sourceforge (breaks apache I have to rebuild the keys by hand again). dpkg-reconfigure libpan-ldap (asks questions but does not create database or conf file)

so now what? There no ldif files anaywhere. Should I uninstall everything and try and reinstall it? should I wipe the system re-install from scratch? Should I upgrade to unstable? Can anybody give me a clue?

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
 http://www.diligence.com/