debian-sf-users

Re: [Debian-sf-users] installation hand holding?

From: Roland Mas
Subject: Re: [Debian-sf-users] installation hand holding?
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:48:05 +0100

brad gray (2001-12-21 15:17:20 +0000) :

> Setting up sourceforge (2.5-17) ...
> ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
>
> This might be a good place to start looking...  Im completely
> ignorant when it comes to ldap, is there a quick way to test just
> this subsystem?

Maybe, but not as far as I know.  This all seems to be a
misconfiguration of your LDAP server, as shown by the later messages.

[...]

> Modifying /etc/ldap/slapd.conf
>
> In /etc/ldap/ i've got
>
> ldap.conf  ldapfilter.conf  ldapsearchprefs.conf  ldaptemplates.conf
> schema slapd.conf.in  slapd.conf.sourceforge
>
> Should I copy slapd.conf.sourceforge to slapd.conf?

  Nope.  slapd.conf.sourceforge is by no means a complete working
slapd.conf, it's just an addition to the supposedly already existing
slapd.conf.

> Can't open /etc/ldap/slapd.conf: No such file or directory.

[...]

> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
> sourceforge

  It seems that your LDAP server isn't configured.  The way I see it
is: for some reason, the slapd.conf file wasn't created when you
installed the slapd package.  This prevents the LDAP server from
running, which corresponds to the first error message you pasted.

  You might want to dpkg-reconfigure slapd, or even purge it and
reinstall it (backup your data first).  When it is correctly
configured, your Sourceforge installation should go smoothly.

  I'm sorry I can't be of more help, not knowing why the slapd package
failed to configure itself.  I'll probably add checks to one of our
config scripts.  It won't make a slapd.conf file for you, but at least
it'll tell you that the problem lies in there.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Qu'est-ce qui est jaune, qui pèse deux cents kilos et qui chante ?
Un canari.  Belle bête, pas vrai ?