dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko on RedHat EL4: about syscall

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko on RedHat EL4: about syscall
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:34:06 +0200

Tsutomu Oyamada wrote:
> We understand that 'kernel configuration' must be needed in case of using
> dazuko on Redhat, in general.
> On the other hand, we cannot have support for Redhat OS from Redhat,
> once we make any modification on Redhat OS.
> We have a problem that we cannot provide "On Access Scanning" to any
> customer, because of the above porblem.
>
> You say that we can avoid this kind of problem by using syscall for
> dazuko 2.3 and later version

This is correct. However, recent kernel development by the Fedora team
prevents the syscall method from working. You will need to test to see
if it is successful for you.

I am aware of several organizations that are trying to convince Red Hat
to compile their kernels with Capabilities as a kernel module. This
would allow Dazuko to load without problems.

I recommend that you also contact your local Red Hat contact and
encourage that they compile their kernels with Capabilities as a kernel
module.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer