dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Dazuko on RedHat EL4: about syscall

From: Tsutomu Oyamada
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko on RedHat EL4: about syscall
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 14:55:29 +0900

Hello,

We understand that 'kernel configuration' must be needed in case of using
dazuko on Redhat, in general.
On the other hand, we cannot have support for Redhat OS from Redhat,
once we make any modification on Redhat OS.
We have a problem that we cannot provide "On Access Scanning" to any
customer, because of the above porblem.

You say that we can avoid this kind of problem by using syscall for dazuko 2.3
and later version, in the FAQ of Dazuko.org.

  Another alternative is to hook syscalls on Linux 2.6 systems as well,
  just like it is done on Linux 2.2 and 2.4. The use of this method is
  discouraged by official kernel development policy, but it might be the
  only viable route to get your on access scanner working. Syscall hooking
  requires at least Dazuko version 2.3.0 and can be activated using the
  --enable-syscalls configuration option.

Do we understand it correctly?

T.Oyamada