dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko Problem

From: Holger Wansing
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] Dazuko Problem
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:34:11 +0100

Hi,

> Actually there are two modules - dazuko.o and dazuko.ko. "dazuko.o"
> is for Pre 2.6x kernels and "dazuko.ko" is for 2.6x
>
> I'm running 2.6.3, but I changed a few things and recompiled the
> kernel and got things running nicely

Ok, mistake is on my site. I didn't knew about the kernel modules for
2.6 named *.ko

> "There may be another problem: I get the "failed to register"
> message too, when I compile the dazuko.o - module with gcc version
> 3.3 on my debian system. There's another thread about that on the
> list ..."
>
> I used gcc 2.95.3 which worked perfectly :-)

Yes, the problem is another...
I had a kernel compiled with gcc-2.95 and tried to use a module, that
was comiled with gcc-3.3 - this will not work. It's recommended to
build kernel modules with the same version of gcc as the kernel.
That was my problem...

--
Greets
Holger

Created with Sylpheed 0.9.6-claws
        under Debian GNU LINUX 3.0 Woody.
                Registered LinuxUser #311290
                        Spam filtering powered by Spamassassin.org