Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc in Debian now, what about javap and javah ?

From: Brian Jones
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc in Debian now, what about javap and javah ?
Date: 18 Dec 2002 01:02:43 -0500

Brian Jones <address@hidden> writes:

> Grzegorz Prokopski <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > Just FYI, gjdoc has been uploaded and accepted into Debian unstable
> > archive. There are two resulting binary packages, one for standard
> > JVMs (which unfortunatelly doesn't work yet, at least w/ SableVM),
> > and gjdoc-native, which is proven to work.
>
> That's good.  I started working on getting the javadoc output from
> classpath onto some FSF WWW server recently, actually I'm waiting to
> hear back from the webmasters on where I could put some nightly
> output.

I actually got this on the web server now.  Some work needs to be done
to have the option of specifying what footer should be applied on a
per package and perhaps per class basis...

> > On my disk I also have prepared a version of cp-tools package
> > which provides javah and javap tools. It is not uploaded yet
> > however.
> >
> > What would you suggest about them? Are they ready to be used?
> > AFAIR I had to fetch some parts of year or two yers old kawa CVS
> > to get gnu.bytecode.* parts working with cp-tools.
> > Probably cp-tools should be updated to use more current
> > parts of kawa CVS?
> >
> > Is anyone working on solving it?
> > Last I asked - it was on somebody's TODO list AFAIR.
>
> I don't think it was my TODO list, but since I wrote them I can fix
> them.

So I've imported the latest stable Kawa gnu.bytecode into cp-tools and
applied my patch, which still cleanly applies!  I added an ant build
script for my convenience though this probably isn't the permanent
solution.  The whole thing compiles.

I'd like to see more about what you've done for shell scripts, how
'java' is handled when it could be any number of different VMs... etc.

Thanks,
Brian
--
Brian Jones <address@hidden>