Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc in Debian now, what about javap and javah ?

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc in Debian now, what about javap and javah ?
Date: 17 Dec 2002 22:42:06 -0800

[...]

BJ> I actually got this on the web server now.  Some work needs to be
BJ> done to have the option of specifying what footer should be
BJ> applied on a per package and perhaps per class basis...

Is there a URL where we could preview it?

[...]

>> I don't think it was my TODO list, but since I wrote them I can fix
>> them.

BJ> So I've imported the latest stable Kawa gnu.bytecode into cp-tools
BJ> and applied my patch, which still cleanly applies!  I added an ant
BJ> build script for my convenience though this probably isn't the
BJ> permanent solution.  The whole thing compiles.

Brian,

Just wondering, does this mean that cp-tools is now the canonical CVS
location for gnu.bytecode?  I checked the kawa project and it looks
like they already have a CVS repository at sources.redhat.com.

Is this repository dead (I notice no activity for a while)?  If not,
why don't you merge your patch with the kawa project?  It's seems like
a potential merge nightmare if we have two repositories offering the
same source.

BJ> I'd like to see more about what you've done for shell scripts, how
BJ> 'java' is handled when it could be any number of different
BJ> VMs... etc.

Alex
--
  Alex Lancaster | Free Software Developer:  savannah.gnu.org, sourceforge.net