Re: [certi-dev] CeRTI Fed Parsing Problem

From: Benoît Bréholée
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CeRTI Fed Parsing Problem
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:07:47 +0100

William Drozd a écrit :
> I am not sure if I can attach the FED File but I have attached the
> portion up to the error. The error occurs
> on the line:
>
>      (attribute associated_entity_id best_effort receive HyperSpace)
>
> It seems like I can make it through parsing if I make the attribute (and
> everything else in the FED) in the default routing space and not
> HyperSpace. e.g. This seems to parse:
>
>      (attribute associated_entity_id best_effort receive)
>
> Maybe CeRTI is not supposed to support this?

IIRC, the attribute is not associated with the default routing space,
it's just not associated with any routing space at declaration time.
That's why the space is not accepted in the attribute declaration.

Then when you use DDM services, you can associate any region to an
attribute. So it's actually possible to have publish/subscribe regions
associated with the same attribute although they don't belong to the
same routing space. I think strict HLA 1.3 compliance would prevent
that, with an exception thrown at the first inconsistency. CERTI doesn't
prevent that, but of course regions from different routing spaces will
never overlap.

--
Benoît Bréholée