Re: [certi-dev] CeRTI Fed Parsing Problem

From: William Drozd
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CeRTI Fed Parsing Problem
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:37:51 -0400

Eric,
Thanks for the prompt reply!

I am not sure if I can attach the FED File but I have attached the portion up to the error. The error occurs
on the line:

     (attribute associated_entity_id best_effort receive HyperSpace)

It seems like I can make it through parsing if I make the attribute (and everything else in the FED) in the default routing space and not HyperSpace. e.g. This seems to parse:

     (attribute associated_entity_id best_effort receive)

Maybe CeRTI is not supposed to support this?

Thanks for any help you can give, it is greatly appreciated.

Bill

The first part of the FED file is below:

(FED
(Federation SRF)
(FEDversion v1.3)
 (spaces
 (space HyperSpace
    (dimension subspace)
    (dimension one)
    (dimension two)
 )
 )
 (objects
    (class ObjectRoot
       (attribute privilegeToDelete reliable timestamp)
       (class RTIprivate)
 (class ASTABS
     (attribute associated_entity_id best_effort receive HyperSpace)
     (attribute current_behavior best_effort receive HyperSpace)
     (attribute fuel best_effort receive HyperSpace)
     (attribute munitions best_effort receive HyperSpace)
     (attribute num_munitions best_effort receive HyperSpace)
 )

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Eric Noulard <address@hidden> wrote:
2010/3/22 William Drozd <address@hidden>:
> Trying to run CeRTI with RTIG, but when CeRTI tries to parse my FED file, I
> get a syntax error. This seems like a bug that has already been fixed?

Right this looks like a bug.

May be you can send us your Fed file, because CERTI trace is not
displaying the offending line :-(

Latest bug fixed concerning FED file is this one:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28832

If you want to check yourself (or if you cannot send us the FED file)
if the current CVS is working in your case you can try checkout
CERTI CVS
https://savannah.nongnu.org/cvs/?group=certi
and compile it:
http://www.nongnu.org/certi/certi_doc/Install/html/index.html

> CeRTI response is below:
>
> CERTI RTIG 3.3.3 - Copyright 2002-2008  ONERA
> This is free software ; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO
> warranty ; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

[...]

>             (class "ASTABS" (id 3)
>                 (attribute "associated_entity_id" (id 2) best_effort
> receive)
>
> /gpfs/fs0/work/wdrozd/HPCSimulation/ProjectAssets/Federations/SRF_FOM.fed:16:
> syntax error

Like I said the offending line may be somewhere AFTER the displayed lines...

http://www.april.org