Re: [certi-dev] Java Binding

From: Andrej Pancik
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Java Binding
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 15:52:48 +0100

Hello,

 I am sorry. I did not know that I have right to commit to CVS. I will
look into it right away.

>> combine AttributeHandleValuePairSet suppliedAttributes{
>>           repeated AttributeHandle       attributes
>>           repeated AttributeValue_t      values
>>        }
>
> I don't like it because:
>    a) HLA 1.3 spec use differents names for the same thing
>           C++ --> AttributeHandleValuePairSet
>           Java --> suppliedAttributes
>           Python --> <to be specified>

Not really. I was speaking about name of structure not the type. In
Java the type is also AttributeHandleValuePairSet as in C++. In
current version of specs each message contains parameters of different
types and names. Right now every parameter has its type and name
except the case of combined parameter which has only type. I think
that adding name also to combined would be logical. It would also
allow differentiation between same combined types in one message (two
handlevaluesets in one message etc.).

> moreover we can later ONLY MODIFY THE COMBINE native to:
>
> native AttributeHandleValuePairSet {
>    representation combine
>    language CXX   [combine AttributeHandleValuePairSet]
>    language CXX1516 [combine WhateverFancyHandleValuePairSet]
>    language Java  [import hla.rti.SuppliedAttributes]
>    language Java  [public
> setSuppliedAttributes(hla.rti.SuppliedAttributes sa) {...} ]
>    language Java1516  [import hla.rti.SuppliedAttributes1516]
>    language Python [combineto AHVPS]
> }

I like it and I will definitely use it when refactoring.

regards

Andrej Pancik