Re: [certi-dev] Declaration Management Services

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Declaration Management Services
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:11:24 +0100

2010/3/11 Hakan Savasan <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on an open source HLA/RTI framework for rapid federate
> development (http://rtoolkit.sourceforge.net), and trying to make it work
> with CERTI.

That's good to know.
We will try to help you to make it work with CERTI.

> Although I had a lot of progress,  I have some problems with the
> declaration management services, especially with the interactions. It seems
> that the RTI does not call tunInteractionsOn, turnInteractionsOff functions
> of federate ambassador as well as stopRegistrationForObjectClass.

That's true not all notification services are implemented.
In fact there is an unfinished task concerning this activity
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6893

I would say that advisory switches are implemented but...
there is only one callback implemented which is:
startRegistrationForObjectClass.

I think Christian did not had time to finish the work, and I do not
know if someone is ready to continue the work.

Would you like to try  to resume his work?

> Are these functions not imlemented yet? Or, can I find a list of
> functions/services
> implemented/not implemented in CERTI?

We should have this list somewhere I'll try to dig this and tell you
more about that.
In the meantime the easiest way to get an answer is to dive into the code :-)
Or ask on the list as you did.

On your side, do you have a list of needed services for the RToolkit to work?

> Below is a sample statistics file for an example federate running on CERTI.

Are you using CERTI 3.3.3 or a CVS version?

http://www.april.org