Re: [certi-dev] Debug library names

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Debug library names
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:44:34 +0100

2010/1/18 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Currently the CERTI Debug and Release libraries have the same name (e.g.
> libRTI-NG.dll). This may cause confusion and troubles if you want to use
> both Debug and Release, or when you erroneously distribute the wrong
> library. For example, to solve this problem the MAK RTI uses the “d” suffix
> to distinguish the Debug libraries (e.g. libRTI-NGd.dll).
>
> I suggest and ask everyone if you don’t mind adding the “d” suffix to CERTI
> Debug libraries, i.e. to have the standard names for Release (libRTI-NG,
> libFedTime) and to have “d” suffix (libRTI-NGd and libFedTimed) for the
> Debug target.
>
> Technically, I suggest to use the following
>
> SET(CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX “d” CACHE STRING “add a postfix, usually d on
> windows)
> What do you think?

I'm OK for that.
We can mangle the installer name with an extra -Debug / -Release
suffix in order to make
it possiblie to chose. It would even be better to be able to build an
installer containing both
debug and release lib but since it is not readily available name
mangling would be OK for me
as a short terme solution.

http://www.april.org