Re: [certi-dev] CERTI wishlist for student projects

From: Martin Spott
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI wishlist for student projects
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 17:43:17 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Petr,

"Gotthard, Petr" wrote:

> Having mentioned a RADAR screen, have you seen
> http://www.albatross.aero/projects/projects-list/project-details.php?p=N
> A==&s=TGVhcm5Nb3Jl

Yup, I've been monitoring this site for a while.

These people seem to be the software division of SkyGuide, the company
which is responsible for ATC in Switzerland (at least they are located
at the identical place). SkySoft have been running a big promotion
campaign for "OpenSource" software being developed behind closed doors
- with a public release which has not yet seen light, even several
months after their first ETA (which has been pushed back several times
since then).
I'm curious how their 'business model' is going to work out - their
Contributor License Agrement is at least "an interesting read" (TM  ;-)

Personally I'm not too convinced about this project, but hey, maybe
they're going to do an excellent job in the end.

Cheers,
        Martin.