Re: [certi-dev] CERTI wishlist for student projects

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI wishlist for student projects
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:10:50 +0200

2009/8/27 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>:
> Dear Eric, Pierre, CERTI users,
>
> I’m collecting a list of HLA related tasks (wishes) that do not require
> significant knowledge of CERTI internal architecture and could be assigned
> to a 2-semester student project at Masaryk University.
>
> Andrej (in CC) is a Masaryk University student who may be interested to
> execute such task. ;-)

Welcome to Andrej,
he ought to subscribe to certi-devel :-)

> The Bug/Task list at Savannah https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/certi
> contain very detailed tasks that are not very suitable for student work.

Ok right.

> Only the following tasks satisfy the above requirement:
>
> 1) X-Plane integration
>
> 2) CERTI Java Binding
>
> Is there anything else that you would wish to have? Imagine it’s Christmas
> and you can wish anything. :-)

Yes I think of two:

 - MOM Service  implementation would be nice too (this one may need
CERTI internal knowledge)
 - a generic GUI federate which may observe any HLA traffic would be nice too
   would be good for CERTI but should work with other RTI as well.

Concerning CERTI Java Binding there is an on-going related work
I have began which would ease it.

I did begin to write a CERTI message generator which takes CERTI
message specification
as input and output source code for marshalling/unmarshalling those message.

I concentrate on C++ output, but Python/Java would be interesting as well.
The generator is written in Python and it reads message specification inspired
from Google protocol buffer but tailored for CERTI needs.

If  Andrej and you are interested this kind of work I may let you do
the Java generation
part without hesitation. We can discuss the message specification
aspect too, but
I have pretty good idea of what I want to to in this area.

http://www.april.org