Re: [certi-dev] CERTI documentation with Doxygen HOWTO / dependencies

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI documentation with Doxygen HOWTO / dependencies
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:03:03 +0200

2008/10/15 Gotthard, Petr <address@hidden>:
> Eric,
>
>> Please give feedback on the produced doc, and the way it works.
>
> If I may have a first wish :-), I would wish having the documentation
> re-generated when a source file changes. After a .cpp, or .dox file is
> changed I have to do "make ..._forced".
> Pure "make" works only the first time.

Yes that's pretty much what "make ..._forced" is for :=)
I did that because:

    1) I did not manage to setup dependencies in a "robust" manner
    2) I did not want to rebuild all doc for every source code change.
    3) The more common usage for doc generation is when you build
        CERTI package from a clean source tree (you are not doing dev)
        such that if the first make gives a clean doc set, that's already
        a good job :=)

> (On the other hand, this may make the "make" run longer. What's
> your opinion?)

Yes that was my 2nd reason, on the other hand if you don't want
to get annoyed with doc generation you may rerun CMake in order
to switch BUILD_DOC to OFF.

I'll try  [harder] to setup proper dependencies for doc generation,
for the case you are "essentially doing documentation" and rather
want to launch "make" and not "make ..._forced".