[certi-dev] gengetopt

From: Gotthard, Petr
Subject: [certi-dev] gengetopt
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 11:25:24 +0200

Hello,
I saw you're using gengetopt to parse command line arguments. You're right: The getopt cannot be used as it's not available on Windows and its portable GNU implementation is GPL'ed.

Some time ago I found http://code.jellycan.com/simpleopt and I think it has some advantages over gengetopt.
 -- it does not use generated code (i.e. does not depend on used code generator, and can be used multiple-times without duplicating the parser implementation in CVS)
 -- it's a single-file standalone C++ template (i.e. there are no link problems and no further dependencies)
 -- it's MIT licensed (i.e. it can be changed/used without restrictions)

I don't say gengetopt is bad, I just promote a library you might like. ;-)

Regards,
Petr