bna-linuxiran

[linuxiran] quick question

From: Arash Partow
Subject: [linuxiran] quick question
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 20:19:33 +1000

Hi all,

whats the current state with the "supposedly" leaked aryanpour
dictionary? Does anyone have any info on this issue? Some people
from other lists have been debating this issue for some time now.

I plan to write a small app which will reverse the index to make a
persian to english mapping possible, would this new index be seen
as a derivative of the dictionary if it is found that the original
source is Aryanpour?

on more of a technical side, I'm still not 100% sure if my methodology
is correct, in any case I plan to reverse the index using the
following fact:

if there is a mapping from english to persian like so:

abc :: xyz, ijk

then the reverse mapping from persian to english would be so:

xyz :: abc
ijk :: abc

a more extended example would be:

abc :: xyz, ijk
def :: qrs, ijk

then the reverse mapping would be:

xyz:: abc
ijk:: abc, def
qrs:: def

Is this logic correct from a linguistic point of view? if not,
could someone give me some examples of where it falls over etc...

Arash Partow

Be one who knows what they don't know,
Instead of being one who knows not what they don't know,
Thinking they know everything about all things.
http://www.partow.net