bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Nastaligh - HELP!

From: Matthias Laabs
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Nastaligh - HELP!
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 16:28:22 +0200

> > I changed the font using fontforge. The preview looks OK but when I use
> > the font in OpenOffice.org, all letter are final letter (i.e. no
> > CHASBEEDEH). Any one familiar with editing Persian fonts in Linux?
> > I've attached the (updated) file.
>
> Well, first of all, does your OOo support joining? Are you sure that it is
> your font's problem rather than OOo's problem? Try your font in kedit.

The problem is the font - OOo supports RTL, Bidi,  Unicode ... though it is
buggy with farsi at some points. Anyways the font shows the same behavior in
kedit.

Maybe you can try to edit another farsi font - if it results in the same
problem you can assume that fontforge screws up some unicode/bidi tags in the
ttf-headers.

greets,

matthias