bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Re: broadband connection

From: Platoali
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Re: broadband connection
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:22:37 +0330

On Thursday 29 January 2004 15:06, Kaveh Mousavi wrote:
> Ei.baba man taaze fahmidam, :)
>
> Is your ftp server running and is your user in server
> a member oof ftp group,
>
> anyway why you don't use scp command
> scp yourfilename
> address@hidden:/home/userhomedirectory

I should wait for Saturday for checking. but It  does not ask for  username or
password at all. the only message it gives me when I enter
"ftp 192.168.1.109" is "connection refused". how can I know that ftp server is
running? what is the name of the service or demon? I've looked at the
/etc/init.d but did not find anything. (I know that the FTP is open and i can
ftp to any external site and also to the FTP of NT server in  the LAN.)

can I use scp in win98 box? ( the box that have the cdwriter)

platoali