bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] Kernel Modules Compilation

From: Abbas Izad
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] Kernel Modules Compilation
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:30:43 +0000

Hi

Let me see if my memory help me on this, Do you use:

/usr/src/linux/make mrproper
/usr/src/linux/make menuconfig (or xconfig)
/usr/src/linux/make clean
/usr/src/linux/make bzImage
/usr/src/linux/make dep
/usr/src/linux/make modules <------(your compilation crashes here, right?)
/usr/src/linux/make modules_install

If I understand you correct, your compilation of modules fails, right?
If this is the case, your should probably see a lots of text scrolling down and stops at a point with error message 1 error, something something.. (of module). You just scroll up to the place right before error message. You will see compilation of that modules like:
gcc --blah --blah of modem.o (for example)

what you can do is that go back to "make menuconfig" and either unable this module or enable it as built-in kernel by choosing apropreate button. try to compile the kernel
again and see what happens.
Let me know if you need more help! you can send me your computer specification
Maybe I can guide you through this or solve it together.

/Abbas