bna-linuxiran

Re: [linuxiran] MP3 redhat 9.0

From: Aryan Ameri
Subject: Re: [linuxiran] MP3 redhat 9.0
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 21:33:08 +0300

On Saturday 24 May 2003 20:36, Kaveh wrote:
ackage installation in linux,

> As a distibution Redhat has its users in server users
> and some professional area ( if my dear friend don't
> mind ;) ). so it has implied this drop of support with
> no fear and now users will use redhat distribution
> anyway,

I never said that it was bad that RedHat dropped support for mp3. True
mp3 is patented and it is better not to be used. Debian also doesn't
include mp3 in it's main repository (it includes it in the non-free
repository). All users are encouraged to use ogg vorbis instead of mp3.

But about users using RedHat anyway, I don't think so. Recent studies
has shown that it has lost to SuSE in recent months. RedHat fortunately
doesn't have a monopoly in the Linux market, and users will always
continue to have choice.

And my only objection to that guy, was his use of the word "linux 9"

Cheers
--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri